Topic: Export mailbox to be stored/archived somewhere else
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.4.2
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Downloadable Installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): PGSQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
Is there a way to export a user mailbox in mbox format ?
We have some old user that are no longer part of the company so we would like to delete their user account and export their mailbox to the mbox format to be stored on our NAS. I'm aware of the "Keep Mailbox for..." option when deleting a user but we would like to completely move the mailbox out of the server to be stored on a NAS where his old manager, for example, could import the mbox file or folders into his own mail client if he needs to find an old email from said user.
----Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team.