1 (edited by danitaz 2021-11-28 06:22:49)

Topic: Alias domains and forwarding entries

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.4.2 MARIADB
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Downloadable
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Rocky 8
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Ngix
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

I'm having trouble with moving my overly complex mail system :-)

I have about 30 domains in my system, but only about 10 users!  And "danita" addressed to every single one of them should go to the same mailbox, which we will reference as danita@mydomain.com.  I have added each of these domains as alias domains in the database per the instructions in the documentation.  "Some" of them work, in that if mail is send to danita@domain1.com it will land in the mailbox for danita@mydomain.com.  Some do not work.  Those that do have specific "forwardings" entries as well.  Do I actually need a specific "forwardings" listing for every permutation?  Are there wildcards that should work?  I don't seem to be able to create wildcards that work. 

In reality, if I DO need to create forwardings for each user, it's not the end of the world, because over time some of these domains have become very spammy, but I'm just trying to understand what I'll actually need to do in order to get all of the "real" mail to deliver!

Thanks.

Danita

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Alias domains and forwarding entries

https://docs.iredmail.org/sql.user.mail.forwarding.html

danitaz wrote:

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.4.2 MARIADB
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Downloadable
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Rocky 8
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Ngix
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

I'm having trouble with moving my overly complex mail system :-)

I have about 30 domains in my system, but only about 10 users!  And "danita" addressed to every single one of them should go to the same mailbox, which we will reference as danita@mydomain.com.  I have added each of these domains as alias domains in the database per the instructions in the documentation.  "Some" of them work, in that if mail is send to danita@domain1.com it will land in the mailbox for danita@mydomain.com.  Some do not work.  Those that do have specific "forwardings" entries as well.  Do I actually need a specific "forwardings" listing for every permutation?  Are there wildcards that should work?  I don't seem to be able to create wildcards that work. 

In reality, if I DO need to create forwardings for each user, it's not the end of the world, because over time some of these domains have become very spammy, but I'm just trying to understand what I'll actually need to do in order to get all of the "real" mail to deliver!

Thanks.

Danita