Topic: issuer certificate not found for certificate "/etc/pki/tls/certs/iRedM

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):  1.4.2
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Downloadble Installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:  AlamLinux 8
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):  MariaDB
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): NGINX
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Error Message:

nginx: [warn] "ssl_stapling" ignored, issuer certificate not found for certificate "/etc/pki/tls/certs/iRedMail.crt"

I am attempting to enable ssl_stapling, when I enabled it with the following add to my ssl.tmpl file:

ssl_stapling on;
ssl_stapling_verify on;
resolver 1.1.1.1 8.8.4.4 valid=300s;
resolver_timeout 5s;

I get the error:
nginx: [warn] "ssl_stapling" ignored, issuer certificate not found for certificate "/etc/pki/tls/certs/iRedMail.crt"

I presume the iRedMail.crt is not a cert chain and only has the iRedMail info in it?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: issuer certificate not found for certificate "/etc/pki/tls/certs/iRedM

Do you use the default self-signed ssl cert or a valid one?

I am just using the default one which iRedMail installed, i presume to resolve this I can replace it with a letsencrypt SSL cert? (i do have one installed already for nginx for the iredmail server full FQDN)

well, do you really need oscp stapling?
for you to get this worked, you need a request for a stapling activated cert, which is not activated by default

what do you use, dehydrated, certbot, or any other tool?