Topic: SOGo 5.5.1 - unable to get login from external ip

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version 1.5.2):
- Barebone installation
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 20.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend LDAP:
- Web server Nginx:
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====
HI,
Following the last upgrade from SOGo, I've some trouble to catche the webmail from outside of the network.
If I try to connect using the local ip of Iredmail , no problem.
If I try to connect from outside with DNS name, I catch the login page , but a unknown error just right after.

SOGo log gave me :

Mar 21 06:03:15 sogod [10493]: |SOGo| starting method 'POST' on uri '/SOGo/connect'
Mar 21 06:03:15 sogod [10493]: [WARN] <0x0x7f8ebd200f60[WOxElemBuilder]> could not locate builders: WOxExtElemBuilder,WOxExtElemBuilder
Mar 21 06:03:15 sogod [10493]: SOGoRootPage successful login from 'OUT_IP_CLIENT, OUT_IP_CLIENT' for user 'USER@jumpingaccess.com' - expire = -1  grace = -1
Mar 21 06:03:15 sogod [10493]: |SOGo| request took 0.009839 seconds to execute
Mar 21 06:03:15 sogod [10493]: OUT_IP_CLIENT, OUT_IP_CLIENT "POST /SOGo/connect HTTP/1.0" 200 60/97 0.011 - - 1M - 13

NGINX log:
2022/03/21 10:34:15 [error] 1129#1129: *75 connect() failed (111: Connection refused) while connecting to upstream, client: OUT_IP_Client, server: _, request: "POST /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync?Cmd=Ping&User=USER%40jumpingaccess.com&DeviceId=SEC116517EE224B2&DeviceType=SamsungDevice HTTP/1.1", upstream: "http://127.0.0.1:20000/SOGo/Microsoft-S … sungDevice", host: "DNS NAME"

Everything worked fine before the new version from SOGo.
Any idea ?

thanks

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: SOGo 5.5.1 - unable to get login from external ip

- Is this a server upgrading from old iRedMail release? If yes, please make sure you have this change applied: https://docs.iredmail.org/upgrade.iredm … go-webmail

- If this is a fresh installation with the latest iRedMail-1.5.2, please try to restart SOGo service and check again.

Note: SOGo official yum / apt repositories have some issue for few days, we have to wait for SOGo team to fix it. FYI:
https://www.sogo.nu/bugs/view.php?id=5493

Hi,
That was an upgrade from previous version.
I've already followed this solution but that doesn't not change the result.
I still can't login on SOGo when I use dns name from outside. Access from internal ip works.
It looks nginx and sogo can't talk together when the request comes from reverse. proxy (proxy header is correctly set too).

Any relevant error log in SOGo or Nginx log files?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Any relevant error log in SOGo or Nginx log files?

Nothing special in Nginx. Calendars with Active sync works well. that's only the page after login didn't appeared , I got a unknown error at the place .
and I've nothing special too in OpenLDAP logs or sogo logs.
it's look like the sogo service on port 20000 doesn't not known what he has to do with externat requests. internal one works

did you open the port in firewall?

... Everything worked before the upgrade of 5.5.1
so yes, everything is setup correclty . I reach the login page, then "unknown error" when I log in

Here is a log review

Post's attachments

Log Sogo.txt 1.72 kb, 1 downloads since 2022-04-22 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

Hi @jumpingaccess, did you upgrade your Nginx config files mentioned in iRedMail-1.5.2 upgrade tutorial?
https://docs.iredmail.org/upgrade.iredm … go-webmail

Yes

Ok , found the problem
proxy_buffer_size 128k; proxy_buffers 64 512k; proxy_busy_buffers_size 512k;
should also added to NginxProxyManager or any reverse proxy before SOGo.

Then all is back as normal smile