Topic: iRedMail can't send e-mail from outside of the location
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
I have recently got into a situation that doesn't let me send any e-mails from the outside of the location.
I don't think that this is a port forwarding problem because if I am in the same location as the iRedMail server, I can send e-mails without problems and also I can read received e-mails.
If I use my laptop that is at my other location, I can just read received e-mails and I can't send any.
I use Thunderbird on both my desktop PC that is in the same location as the iRedMail server and also Thunderbird on my laptop from my second location.
I didn't had the need to send e-mails for about a month, untill this period of time I could send e-mails from any location without problems.
Now, the message I get when trying to send e-mails from my laptop is:
Sending of the message failed.
The message could not be sent because connecting to Outgoing server (SMTP) failed. The server may be unavailable or is refusing SMTP connections. Please verify that your Outgoing server (SMTP) settings are correct and try again.
The connection is on 587 port, using STARTTLS.
Can somebody please help me?
Thanks in advance.
----Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team.