Topic: Split "display name" to surname and name instead of a single field
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.6.0
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? downloadable
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 11
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
Currently there is a single field used for user name+surname in iRedAdmin user panel.
When one creates user, display name field value will be split to name and surname (name first and surname second) to be written to SOGO user table (for contacts export for example)
However in some languages (Russain for example) we used to print out surname first
In other words: its common for us to define surname first and name as last
(it's very handy to search entries by surname sorting table by display name field)
But with current logic entering surname first in "Display Name" field in user profile makes it wrong in VCARD in SOGO (name and surname become swapped)
It would be useful to have different fields for users' name and surname as well as "Display Name" to print out tables in iRedadmin
Thanks in advance
----Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Stable release is out.