1 (edited by ovidius 2022-08-27 06:48:32)

Topic: RedMail Openldap for nextcloud and Jitsi authentication

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====
iredmail version 1.6.1, downloadable installer, Rocky Linux 8.6, OpenLDAP Mail Accounts, nginx Web server.

Helo Everyone

I just setup iRedMail with OpenLdap for use only inside a local network. In the same network I have linux clients, nextcloud  and Jitsi. Can I use the OpenLdap server for login on the clients and authentication for nextcloud and jitsi meet?

Thank you in advance

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: RedMail Openldap for nextcloud and Jitsi authentication

Ideally yes. And we heard success stories of integrating (iRedMail) OpenLDAP and NextCloud in this forum.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Ideally yes. And we heard success stories of integrating (iRedMail) OpenLDAP and NextCloud in this forum.

Thank you for your Answer
Except opening the OpenLDAP server for External Access is there anything else that has to be done on the openLDAP server side in order to achieve ths integration?

External access to OpenLDAP is required on iRedMail server side, then you just input correct LDAP info (server address, port, bind dn, password, etc) in NextCloud.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

External access to OpenLDAP is required on iRedMail server side, then you just input correct LDAP info (server address, port, bind dn, password, etc) in NextCloud.

Thank you very much for your answer. I will try it and report the results