1 (edited by jloc0 2022-11-10 11:39:05)

Topic: iRedAdmin 1.9.0/FreeBSD 13.1 p2 - start after upgrade failure

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.6.1
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? downloadable installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: FreeBSD 13.1-p2
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? no
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Doing upgrades on my server today and iRedAdmin 1.9.0 won't start after upgrade.

Starting iredadmin.
ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libxml2.so.2.9.13" not found, required by "uwsgi"
Failed, please restart Apache web server or 'iredadmin' (if you're running Nginx as web server) manually.
* Enable service: iredadmin
iredadmin_enable: YES -> YES
iredadmin is already stopped.
Starting iredadmin.
ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libxml2.so.2.9.13" not found, required by "uwsgi"
Failed, please restart service manually and check its log file.
* Upgrading completed.

The current ports tree offers 2.10.3 - (tried to post a url, but it refuses anything that remotely looks like a link)

iRedAdmin fails to start since I do not have the required library for uwsgi to load. It also doesn't appear any of their supported releases are shipping that version of the library in the current or quarterly ports trees. Any easy way around this?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: iRedAdmin 1.9.0/FreeBSD 13.1 p2 - start after upgrade failure

Does upgrading uwsgi fix the issue?

Re: iRedAdmin 1.9.0/FreeBSD 13.1 p2 - start after upgrade failure

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Does upgrading uwsgi fix the issue?

Huh it sure did, I should of thought of that myself. Wonder why portmaster didn’t automatically do that during my upgrades.

There was no update to uwsgi, but rebuilding it against the newer libxml2 did the trick.

Thank you!