Topic: Sent is not an IMAP4 folder

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version: 1.6.2
- Deployed with the downloadable installer
- Ubuntu server 20.04 LTS
- Store mail accounts in MySQL
- Web server Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hello there,

New Created Accounts Can not Attach files and I get "Sent is not an IMAP4 folder" when sending Emails.

Can anyone help me, please?

Since Normal storage on AWS is expensive I decided to attach S3 using s3fs.

I attached the vmail1 folder and made vmail user the owner of the group and folder.

For emails that were created before s3 storage, they work just fine but newly created email accounts throw "Sent is not an IMAP4 folder" when sending email and also, they can not attach files.

Emails will reach the intended account but on sending they will throw those errors. This includes the failed attached files too.

I am using SOGo only as a client.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Sent is not an IMAP4 folder

Any error in Dovecot log files (/var/log/dovecot/*.log)?

I get the following Error.

Error: Couldn't create mailbox list lock /var/vmail/vmail1/brentles.co.tz/f/i/n/finance-2022.11.29.21.14.36//Maildir/mailboxes.lock: file_create_locked(/var/vmail/vmail1/brentles.co.tz/f/i/n/finance-2022.11.29.21.14.36//Maildir/mailboxes.lock) failed: link(/var/vmail/vmail1/brentles.co.tz/f/i/n/finance-2022.11.29.21.14.36//Maildir/mailboxes.lock536916edd7c1fdb9, /var/vmail/vmail1/brentles.co.tz/f/i/n/finance-2022.11.29.21.14.36//Maildir/mailboxes.lock) failed: Operation not supported

AND THIS ONE IN SEVERAL TIMES

Error: Mailbox Sent: Failed to autocreate mailbox: Internal error occurred. Refer to server log for more information. [2022-12-19 10:37:59]

Hello Zhang,

Upon investigation on server logs, as stated on dovecot logs, I found the error below.

(3145963-01) (!)connect to /var/run/clamav/clamd.ctl failed, attempt #1: Can't connect to a UNIX socket /var/run/clamav/clamd.ctl: Connection refused

shaban.mwanga wrote:

Error: Couldn't create mailbox list lock /var/vmail/vmail1/brentles.co.tz/f/i/n/finance-2022.11.29.21.14.36//Maildir/mailboxes.lock: file_create_locked(/var/vmail/vmail1/brentles.co.tz/f/i/n/finance-2022.11.29.21.14.36//Maildir/mailboxes.lock) failed: link(/var/vmail/vmail1/brentles.co.tz/f/i/n/finance-2022.11.29.21.14.36//Maildir/mailboxes.lock536916edd7c1fdb9, /var/vmail/vmail1/brentles.co.tz/f/i/n/finance-2022.11.29.21.14.36//Maildir/mailboxes.lock) failed: Operation not supported

I guess S3 doesn't support some general file system operations. sad

But why it is able to save incoming emails and all other accounts created before mounting are able to save both sent emails and incoming ones?

It seems during account creation there is a folder is not created.

Try to access the mailbox via IMAP first, MUA should force to create the required folders, including Sent.

Sorry, it is a bit long now and I am new to this. How can I create using IMAP