1 (edited by tharindu 2023-01-01 16:17:05)

Topic: IP gets blocked after few times of login attempts

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): iRedMail-1.4.2
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? : iRedMail Easy (came with Ubuntu VPS)
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Linux Ubuntu 20.04 X86 64 Iredmail Gen2 V1
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? : no
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue. : Not sure where to find this
====

Hi im very much new to this iredmail. i installed on a VPS running  "Linux Ubuntu 20.04 X86 64 Iredmail Gen2 V1" and i added domain and followed instructions on updating DNS and hostname.

01. When created new email under newly added domaiin and tried to access mail interface, it says login failed. after few times my IP gets banned and unable to access admin panel as well. how to unblock IP or  exclude IP or temporarily disable?

02. 2nd question i already solved thanks for wonderful inputs on these forums

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: IP gets blocked after few times of login attempts

Since you use a preinstalled version (which is outdated by the way), and noone knows how it has been modified, you should seek support at the provider

i guess you use cloudfanatic ? then their support team is responsible for your problems

thank you, i ended up reinstalling iredmail on a fresh server with fresh copy of iredmail. it seems my problem is not repeating, however now that i have standard iredmail downloaded from official site and installed on debian 11, how to see the Fail2ban configuration? when setting up i chose to use iredmail standard firewall rules.

thank you for taking time to respond to my topic

/etc/fail2ban/