Topic: stupid question about sender_canonical_maps and recipient_canonical_ma

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.6.2 OPENLDAP edition.
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? downloadable
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: debian11
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): ldap
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====
Hi,

evrything works fine except that i can send mail with login@domain.com but not with givenName.sn @domaine.com. I ve defined alias for reception (a mail to login@domain.com or givenName.sn @domaine.com goes to the same mailbox) , but for emission (SMTP) how can i do that ?

in the log i ve got
NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from unknown[10.64.1.136]: 554 5.7.1 <laurent.Bardi@ipbs.fr>: Recipient address rejected: Sender is not same as SMTP authenticate username; from=<Laurent.Bardi@ipbs.fr> to=<laurent.Bardi@ipbs.fr> proto=ESMTP

with my preceding system i use to write 2 maps in postfix (
sender_canonical_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/maps/canonical_sender
recipient_canonical_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/maps/canonical_recipient) that contains givenName.sn login text tables.

with iredmail how i do that ?

Many thanks in advance

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: stupid question about sender_canonical_maps and recipient_canonical_ma

laurent.bardi wrote:

with iredmail how i do that ?

iRedMail uses Postfix too and it doesn't enable sender_canonical_maps / recipient_canonical_maps by default, so you're free to enable them with same settings.

i ve been struggling and (i think) i ve found :
what about reject_sender_login_mismatch parameter in iredapd ? should i disable it ?
because i ve copied my old config and it is not working :-(.

is there a way to tell the plugin that canonical adresses can be allowed (using the ldap cf file in postfix for sample ) ?

Many thanks

laurent.bardi wrote:

what about reject_sender_login_mismatch parameter in iredapd ? should i disable it ?

Don't disable it.
Check comment lines in source code to understand what it does: https://github.com/iredmail/iRedAPD/blo … ismatch.py