Topic: some email client does not works
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.6.2
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Downloadable installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: rocky Linu 9.1
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
I'm new to iRedMail i moved away from Virtualmin. I'm in trouble on some things one of them is that I'm in trouble in make some email client working correctly.
As desktop email client I'm using eMClient that seems works fine.
I've most of the problem with Android clients as follow:
Bluemail seems works (even if it's not a good client for some problems I ever experiencing in Push and Fetch new email)
Gmail seems able to connet, receive IMAP emails but goes in error if I try to send emails
K-9 client show me a blank email list
Outlook or android does not works (but as it does not allow to modify created account, make tests is really annoying)
I'm using a standard installation, I'm using the auto-generated SSL certificate and I'm using the following configuration on working clients:
BlueMail: IMAP - STARTTLS - port 143 - PLAIN authentication; SMTP - STARTTLS - port 587 - AUTOMATIC Authentication
eMClient: IMAP - Force use of SSL/TLS - port 143 ; SMTP - Force use of SSL/TLS - port 587
I'm trying to find a reason looking into different logs, but I'm finding other things that needs a troubleshooting (fail2ban, dovecot and postfix) and It's really hard to understand if some log message could be the reason or not.
I really appreciate your help
----Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Stable release is out.