1 (edited by dejaaavu 2023-04-24 19:08:10)

Topic: all incoming emails are gone

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.6.2
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 11
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====
all the user's incoming emails disappeared right before our eyes

I want to disable the ability to delete emails from the trash and I want to stop deleting user files after 90 days and just make backups

how can i organize it?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: all incoming emails are gone

Did user download emails with a POP3 mail client application?

Another solution is, setup an on-premises email archiving software to archive all emails instead of disable "deleting" mail messages by users themselves. If this is an option, take a look at Spider Email Archiver, it's developed by iRedMail team: https://spiderd.io/

3 (edited by dejaaavu 2023-04-25 11:05:09)

Yes, the user used an unknown application with the pop3 protocol, but not for long, and if one file is deleted, will only this file be deleted or the others too?

The others, I mean all files in one directory

This is how pop3/imap work, you cannot config Dovecot to ignore the "DELETE" command.

I somehow want to do without "spiderd.io" because I want to set up iredmail configs, I read about the fact that iredmail stores letters no older than 90 days, how to set up a config file in /var/vmail/backup/mysql. sh so that it just copies without deleting.

This is not a backup of the mailboxes, this is a backup of the databases iredmail uses.
The mailboxes itself don't get backed up at all

okay thank you.