Topic: How to build/install iRedMail on FreeBSD w/the associated ports tree?

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):  1.6.2
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? downloadable installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: FreeBSD 13.1
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):  PGSQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

I am attempting to install iRedMail fresh/new on FreeBSD 13.1

For my first attempt, I git cloned the FreeBSD ports tree onto my machine, and I ran into a problem that a python package (colorama?) couldn't be built because there was no python 3.8 flavor of it available.

I then renamed/moved /usr/ports, and downloaded the release/13.1.0 version of the ports tree, and attempted to build again.  The error messages in the attached file are the result

I understand that the FreeBSD ports tree is a moving target, and I am happy to use whatever version/tag of the ports tree necessary to get iRedMail built.

The iRedMail website claims that FreeBSD 13.x is a supported/working target/host.
What version of FreeBSD 13 was used to test/QA iRedMail?
Would 13.0 and its associated release port-tree work?

Post's attachments

irm-errs.txt 1.61 kb, 1 downloads since 2023-05-09 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: How to build/install iRedMail on FreeBSD w/the associated ports tree?

Since you understand that the FreeBSD ports tree is a moving target, you should know that is not a good choice to use it (even if it is/was supported) at a moment before change were made

Better use a linux derivat, i would suggest debian at all times

Re: How to build/install iRedMail on FreeBSD w/the associated ports tree?

Cthulhu wrote:

Since you understand that the FreeBSD ports tree is a moving target, you should know that is not a good choice to use it (even if it is/was supported) at a moment before change were made

Better use a linux derivat, i would suggest debian at all times

The iRedMail site claims FreeBSD 13.x is a supported OS, if so, there ought to be a git SHA or tag of the associated ports-tree that could be used to build/install iRedMail.  If not, then it it is my perception that FreeBSD 13.x is NOT a supported OS.