Topic: /var/log/maillog (and other logs) not rotating on Almalinux 9.1
==== BASIC INFO OF IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.6.2
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Downloadable Installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Almalinux 9.1
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): Mysql
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
i recently reinstalled iRedmail to a new server and i found that the file /var/log/maillog is not rotating ( along with /var/log/cron, /var/log/messages, /var/log/secure and /var/log/spooler).
I compared the config files to my old installation and i found out that i am missing a syslog file in /etc/logrotate.d/. That file contained the configuration to make those files rotate.
The old server (CentOS 7) was running the package syslog, the new server is running the package rsyslog.
In the new server I also had to edit some files in /etc/logrotate.d/ (dovecot, iredapd, mlmmjadmin), in the postrotate section, to kill rsyslog PID and not syslog PID, as it was by default, to make the related logs rotate.
Am I missing something? Should I create a /etc/logrotate.d/rsyslog file manually?
Thank you for your help
----Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Stable release is out.