Topic: Double counting of Inbound Messages in pflogsumm
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.6.2
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Rocky 9.2
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MariaDB
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Apache is gone!
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
Using the excellent pflogsumm utility to summarize the day's mail activity, it's clear that every inbound message is counted twice. I believe this has been the behaviour for years (if not forever).
Recipients by message count --------------------------- <snip> 10 ***@***.ca 8 ***@***.ca 4 ***@***.ca 4 ***@***.ca 2 ***@***.ca 2 ***@***.ca <snip>
I believe this to be because each message is counted once when it arrives, and again when it's returned from amavisd.
This is a minor issue as it's consistent, and I can just mentally divide all the numbers by two, but I wonder if anyone has a bright solution to this minor flaw.
----Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Stable release is out.