Topic: maildir depth/structure ...
==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.6.4 MARIADB edition.
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Download
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Rocky 9.2
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
I have some experience in mail server administration, but this is my first iRedMail installation.
Installation without problems; also SOGo seems to works as expected.
Very positive first impression ;-)
So, tried to look around to understand a little more of the system ....
I noticied mail folders are in /var/vmail/vmail1/iredmail.domain.tld/p/o/s/postmaster/Maildir/...
10 level folder.
I usually manage servers with few domains and few accounts, so my first idea is that this is a loss of efficiency in my standard configurations.
Am I wrong?
Is there possible to decrease the number (i.e. removing the 3 levels inside a domain (p/o/s in the example)?
I have created a couple of additional domains and done some tests.
Adding new users I have their folder is something like:
Is there a reason to insert creation date in the name of the account?
Can be avoided?
----Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Stable release is out.