Topic: Spamassassin database broken.

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):    1.6.4
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?   downloadable
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:              ubuntu 20.04 LTS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):    mysql
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):    nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?     no
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hi, I received the error about spamassassin database broken.

bayes: cannot open bayes databases /var/lib/amavis/.spamassassin/bayes_* R/O: tie failed: Permission denied
bayes: cannot open bayes databases /var/lib/amavis/.spamassassin/bayes_* R/O: tie failed: Permission denied

the problem was solved by removing the two files /var/lib/amavis/.spamassassin/bayes_*
and then rebooting the server (my choice, even if restart spamassassin service should be enough).

My question for you is:   
Does it worth spending a lot of energy educating users to move spam to the spam folder if the database eventually becomes corrupted at any moment ?

for me it's the first time in three years that the server is running, but I'm very sad..
how do you manage it?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Spamassassin database broken.

This permission issue should not happen at all. Did you mistakenly set incorrect owner/group/permission?

ms2504 wrote:

Does it worth spending a lot of energy educating users to move spam to the spam folder ...

Sure, especially if you have many mail users.