Topic: New User, trouble authenticating for gmail recipients

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version 1.6.5 Mariadb
- Deployed with downloadable installer?
- Debian 5.10.197-1 (2023-09-29) x86_64 GNU/Linux
- Store mail accounts in Mariadb
- Web server Nginx:
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? NO
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Trying to sort out how to the get the authentication into the headers to pass gmail "standards".

I can't seem to figure it out from the documents I can find.

I get emails bounced from gmail addresses with

550-5.7.26 This mail has been blocked because the sender is unauthenticated. 550-5.7.26 Gmail requires all senders to authenticate with either SPF or DKIM. 550-5.7.26  550-5.7.26  Authentication results: 550-5.7.26  DKIM = did not pass 550-5.7.26  SPF [waynestuart.com] with ip: [216.49.226.14] = did not pass 550-5.7.26  550-5.7.26  To mitigate this issue, please visit Gmail's authentication guide 550-5.7.26 for instructions on setting up authentication: 550 5.7.26

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: New User, trouble authenticating for gmail recipients

You need:

- a valid SPF record (your's is really bogus, read a guide or even use a generator)
- a valid DKIM record (seems you don't even have one at all?)
- a valid PTR matching mailserver (yours identifies as waynestuart.one which doesn't match)

aswell:

Apache/2.4.25

iredmail doesn't use Apache, so you must have modified your installation to an extend where bugfixing might not be possible without a huge effort

Re: New User, trouble authenticating for gmail recipients

Aside from configuring SPF,DKIM,DMARC,rDNS, You can also add your domain to be verified by google in:

https://postmaster.google.com/