Topic: Upgrade to roundcubemail1.6.4 fails with extra login field "server"

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version 1.6.6
- Deployed with iRedMail downloadable installer
- Ubuntu 20.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend: PGSQL
- Web server: Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

I manage 2 iRedmail/Admin-Pro servers, upgrade with the same procedure to 1.6.6. Including upgrade to Roundcube 1.6.4.

I upgraded Roundcube by copying the files to /opt/www/roundcubemail-1.6.4, then copying skins/plugins and the config.inc.php file from the old version. Moved the symbolic link to the new directory. It now looks like this:
          roundcubemail -> roundcubemail-1.6.4/
          roundcubemail-1.5.2
          roundcubemail-1.6.4

On the one server Roundcube works as expected, login with username password and access to mailbox.

The other server shows the Roundcube login as attached screen shot. In addition to username password it asks for server. I tried: 127.0.0.1, it then seems to login but to an empty mailbox.

I ran a diff between the Roundcube config.inc.php of the both servers:

4c4,6
< $config['db_dsnw'] = 'pgsql://roundcube:secred_for_server_1@127.0.0.1:5432/roundcubemail';
---
> $config['db_dsnw'] = 'pgsql://roundcube:secred_for_server_2@127.0.0.1:5432/roundcubemail';
> $config['product_name'] = 'HeuvelTop Webmail';
> //$config['skin_logo'] = '...';
46c48
< $config['des_key'] = 'des_secred_for_server_1';
---
> $config['des_key'] = 'des_secred_for_server_2';
49c51
< //$config['username_domain'] = 'xxxx.nl';
---
> //$config['username_domain'] = 'yyyy.nl';

Searching for this issue I found one message related relating to a very old version of Roundcube.

What to do next?

Post's attachments

Screenshot_20231027_110334.png
Screenshot_20231027_110334.png 15.26 kb, file has never been downloaded. 

You don't have the permssions to download the attachments of this post.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Upgrade to roundcubemail1.6.4 fails with extra login field "server"

You should upgrade Roundcube with the "Update your existing Roundcube installation" method mentioned on Roundcube upgrade tutorial:
https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubem … stallation

Seems some of your third-party plugins is not compatible with latest Roundcube release?