1 (edited by admin@hommer.io 2023-11-29 22:01:26)

Topic: How To Fix SSL Certificate Error | New Instance

I just got my email server up and running last night, sending and receiving seems to be working but during the setup I forgot to request the letsencrypt certificate for my domain. Once I realized it, I requested the cert but I’m still getting the “this page is not secure” message when I go to it.

mail.hommer.io is the domain I requested a certificate for and everything is fine but when I go to hommer.io for the admin panel, I get the not secure page. hommer.io’s certificate was requested after the install had finished but I thought once I did the request, the not secure error would go away but I still get it. Can anyone help out?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: How To Fix SSL Certificate Error | New Instance

Either get a wildcard one (requires DNS Setup), or you need to include every subdomain in the cert

What DNS provider are you useing?

Cthulhu wrote:

Either get a wildcard one (requires DNS Setup), or you need to include every subdomain in the cert

What DNS provider are you useing?

cloudflare

I have both certificates from letsencrypt but one (mail.hommer.io) was issued when I installed iRedMail and the other one (hommer.io) was issued afterwards. hommer.io is the one giving me issues.

4 (edited by Cthulhu 2023-11-30 04:20:09)

you can use dehydrated with a cloudflare hook to issue a wildcard cert easyly:

https://github.com/sineverba/cfhookbash

Cthulhu wrote:

you can use dehydrated with a cloudflare hook to issue a wildcard cert easyly:

I tried this but to me, the guide seemed to be pretty vague. I figured out that I was missing a sym link. Once I created it, did a reboot and no more errors.