Topic: Best tool to migrate accounts to Exchange/Outlook

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.6.1
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Downloadable installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): PGSQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? Yes
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Good day everybody,

It is indeed a dark day. Our business has been bought and the owners want to host our email on their Exchange server. They suggest exporting the mailboxes as .pst files. There seem to be a few tools I could buy for this and they are not too expensive. Are there any built-in tools? We would prefer to export individual mailboxes.

What is the best way to do this?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Best tool to migrate accounts to Exchange/Outlook

Just use https://imapsync.lamiral.info/

Works best, no export needed

That sounds like maybe an option. Thank you!

I will suggest it, but if I had to export the mailboxes one-at-a-time, what would be the best way? I'm just trying to cover all my bases.

Thanks again

Which mail client do you already use at the moment? If you already use Outlook you could add the old and the new mailbox and write a script to copy all from the old to the new mailbox.

If they use Office365 then they have there already a tool included for the migration. This would be one of the ways to do it: https://www.names.co.uk/support/article … osoft-365/ Else there is another functionality in the admin center.

Everybody uses Roundcube to check their mail. I'm trying to find a way to export the mailboxes from the server to individual .pst files so they can be tested and migrated, one-at-a-time, to the Exchange server.