Topic: How to change PHP version in the installer?

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.6.8
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? Installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: uBuntu 22.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): nGinX
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Hello...

I've been looking into the script but surely need days to understand the work flow.
I just want to make small adjustment within the script, especially the PHP version.
As I use the latest PHP 8.3 from PPA when using the script at the end its showing error about file not found since its try to look for PHP8.1 folder.
So, I figure out the script isn't detect from the package version but hard coded within installer.
Am I wrong? How to get it proper to use php 8.3 rather than official ubuntu 8.1

At the moment, I just simply copy the php config from my other mail server and its working properly in the new server. The one named www dot conf under pool.d directory. I renamed it too just in case get replace by system when updating.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: How to change PHP version in the installer?

FYI https://github.com/iredmail/iRedMail/bl … hp#L43-L56

3 (edited by Oen Sing 2024-02-12 07:51:25)

Ahh, there it is. Thank you, sir.
And happy chinese new year!
Appreciate it.

Anyhow, the script is broken something with netdata.
The user in the file password different with the iredmail dot tips file.
The tips file stated "netdata" as user but the password file using postmaster...
And the password isn't working too. I have to generate new one and delete the default.

Oen Sing wrote:

The tips file stated "netdata" as user but the password file using postmaster...

The "netdata" user is SQL username, not for http auth.