Topic: Is there a way to skip MySQL backend package installation?

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.6.8
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? downloadable
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:  ubuntu 22.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):  mysql
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? non pro
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

Dear Zhang,

I need to install pacemaker/corosync with mariadb galera multi master iredmail cluster for High Availability on 3 physical server. (This HA setup works on my nextcloud server)

The problem is the script should install MariaDB-server and cannot bypass the installation which will give conflicts during the installation of Mariadb-galera-server galera-4.

My question is, how to disable MySQL backend package installation from "functions/packages.sh" on iredmail 1.6.8?

Thanks,
JunG

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Is there a way to skip MySQL backend package installation?

Is there a way to get around this, and I want to know, what kind of path should we follow when faced with such situations?

hollysollie wrote:

Is there a way to get around this, and I want to know, what kind of path should we follow when faced with such situations?

@HollySollie,  If I am able to bypass the installation of MySQL backend package installation from "functions/packages.sh then, it is easy to configure the HA with galera multi-master database. then, I am happy to share the configuration steps here. 

There is an HA configuration here which is documented here which was shared by Zhang himself but it is using centos and it is very old which when i tried, It giving me too much error because some of the packages was not active...

Another thing, Zhang give instruction to disable the installation of mysql backend but the iredmail version is 0.9.4 (please see the link below) but it is very different in iredmail 1.6

https://forum.iredmail.org/topic10713-i … alera.html

Hi Zhang,

Any update? thank you so much....