Topic: Minimum System Requirements

Hello,

I wanted to bring up the topic of minimum system requirements for iRedMail. After resolving topic20368 with the memory issues caused by ClamAV, 4GB of memory is no longer enough for an all-defaults installation of iRedMail. I don't want anyone else to have the problems that I had, either.

I am unsure which direction the maintainers of the project want to go, but I see some potential options.

1. Disable the new ClamAV feature "ConcurrentDatabaseReload" for new iRedMail installation, which allows for minimum system requirements to stay at 4GB.

2. The iRedMail installer can ask the administrator what to do, and explaining the memory implications. Depending on the answer, the installer can leave "ConcurrentDatabaseReload" enabled, or disable it.

3. Leave the new ClamAV feature alone, don't change the iRedMail installer, and change the minimum system requirements for iRedMail to 8GB.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Minimum System Requirements

wayne.workman wrote:

1. Disable the new ClamAV feature "ConcurrentDatabaseReload" for new iRedMail installation, which allows for minimum system requirements to stay at 4GB.

"ConcurrentDatabaseReload no" will be the default option in next iRedMail release.