Topic: dovecot broken after latest iRedEasy update applied

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):  2024030401 (Backend: mariadb, Date: 2024-04-08 12:13:19) iRedMail Easy: https://www.iredmail.org/easy.html

- Deployed with iRedMail Easy
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 10
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? yes
====

Note: all OS updates applied  (apt update & apt upgrade reports all up to date).

I just applied the latest iRedEasy update and since then dovecot is broken.
This started as soon as the update finished.  I've rebooted the server as well just in case.

Where do I look next ?

/var/log/dovecot/dovecot.log
-------------------------------
Apr  8 12:17:22 mail dovecot: log(32580): Warning: Killed with signal 15 (by pid=1 uid=0 code=kill)
Apr  8 12:17:22 mail dovecot: log(32580): Warning: Shutting down logging for 'imap-hibernate: ' with 1 clients
Apr  8 12:17:22 mail dovecot: log(32580): Warning: Shutting down logging for 'imap: ' with 1 clients
Apr  8 12:17:22 mail dovecot: log(32580): Warning: Shutting down logging for 'stats: ' with 1 clients
Apr  8 12:18:05 mail dovecot: lda: Fatal: Internal error occurred. Refer to server log for more information.
Apr  8 12:18:24 mail dovecot: lda: Fatal: Internal error occurred. Refer to server log for more information.
Apr  8 12:18:36 mail dovecot: lda: Fatal: Internal error occurred. Refer to server log for more information.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: dovecot broken after latest iRedEasy update applied

Okay - I discovered that the  /opt/iredmail/ssl/ was certificate.pem and dovecot was looking for cert.pem

I've ended up copying certificate.pem as cert.pem and restarted dovecot - as I don't know what is using one and what is using the other.

I did replace our SSL certificate in February - not sure why we need both files however.

It's better create /opt/iredmail/ssl/cert.pem as a symbol link to your "certificate.pem", so that it still works after you updated "certificate.pem".

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

It's better create /opt/iredmail/ssl/cert.pem as a symbol link to your "certificate.pem", so that it still works after you updated "certificate.pem".

Good point - I'll do that now that I have it working.

I take it I need both then as some services are using one and other services are using the other ?

Kent.

Just update all applications to use /opt/iredmail/ssl/*.