Topic: Mail restriction

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release):
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer?
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Web server (Apache or Nginx):
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro?
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

I have installed iredmail and I am trying to configure some mailing policies but don't know how I can achieve this.

Please I need some help.

Here are the rules.
The rules are:
1. Everybody one at @mydomain.com should only be able to send/receive email to ppl in same domain. But can't send/receive out of the domain.

2. Ppl in group XYZ (or users 1,2,3...n) can send mail to everybody in same domain, but can also send to clients outside of same domain. How do I create a group not mailing list?

3. Same as (2) above, but now can only  receive but not send .

Therefore if someone is part of both groups/list 2 and 3 above, that person can both send and receive to the outside domain. But if the person is only part of one of the groups, then the person can only perform the actions of that group.

Thanks in advance

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Mail restriction

k.oz wrote:

1. Everybody one at @mydomain.com should only be able to send/receive email to ppl in same domain. But can't send/receive out of the domain.

Use the per-domain white/blacklists:

- Block all people "@." (one @ and one dot, without quotes)
- Whitelist same domain "@mydomain.com" (without quotes)

k.oz wrote:

2. Ppl in group XYZ (or users 1,2,3...n) can send mail to everybody in same domain, but can also send to clients outside of same domain. How do I create a group not mailing list?

There's no ACL or white/blacklisting based on group and apply to group members.
Maybe you achieve it with per-user white/blacklists instead.