Topic: How to create multiple mail servers for sending emails

Hello, I recently installed iredmail server on my server and it is working. But I want to multiplex my e-mail sending network by using more than one server. If there is a problem on a mail server, I want to continue with other one and I want to send from whichever one is available for sending.

Is there a way to do this? If so, how should I build the dns configuration ?

Thanks.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: How to create multiple mail servers for sending emails

Hello,
What do you mean exactly ? About DNS and MX record ?

This is a very good question because I am wondering : "how having one domain using different MX records" and I never found any reply about that.

Hi, The article says about it's possible for load balancing or Redundancy and failover protection look at it. Just i am searching this.

blog.mutantmail.com/understanding-the-importance-of-multiple-mx-records/#What_are_MX_Records

eguvenc wrote:

Hello, I recently installed iredmail server on my server and it is working. But I want to multiplex my e-mail sending network by using more than one server. If there is a problem on a mail server, I want to continue with other one and I want to send from whichever one is available for sending.

Is there a way to do this? If so, how should I build the dns configuration ?

Thanks.

SMTP Servers are not designed to work like this, having two mail servers on the same Priorities will cause loops, duplicated emails on both. in a ideal world, Mail Exchanger 01 should have Hostname of mx1.domain.com with Priority of 10, Mail Exchanger 02 should have Hostname of mx2.domain.com with Priority of 20.

Webmail can be on mx1 but for such a setup Webmail should be on it's own VM.

For example, in my High Availbility cluster I have mx1 and mx2 and Webmail on one VM & Sogo on another VM.

Regards