1 (edited by Emma2 2024-07-16 23:20:55)

Topic: How to migrate complete domains to a new server?

==== REQUIRED BASIC INFO OF YOUR IREDMAIL SERVER ====
- iRedMail version (check /etc/iredmail-release): 1.0
- Deployed with iRedMail Easy or the downloadable installer? installer
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 18.04
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL/MariaDB
- Web server (Apache or Nginx): Nginx
- Manage mail accounts with iRedAdmin-Pro? No
- [IMPORTANT] Related original log or error message is required if you're experiencing an issue.
====

I am constantly encountering problems with my mail server's performance, and as I am still running an old version (update attempt failed) on an old Ubuntu 18.04 (Ubuntu update failed, too) - I'd like to "start anew".

What do I mean by "failed"? Some time ago, I tried to update Ubuntu, but this damaged my iRedmail, so I returned to an earlier snapshot (my server is a VM) and did not dare this again yet.

What do I want to do? I'd like to set up a new Ubuntu and a new iRedMail - and then migrate my existing domains (3) including all the mailboxes and data to this new server.

Is this possible? How would I do that? Thanks in advance for any hints, tips or even how-to-s.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: How to migrate complete domains to a new server?

Additional info: Some time ago, my SOgo started to behave weird in that I can use mail and the addres book, but if I click on calendar, the page stays empty. That's another reason why I'd like to continue with a fresh installation.

Sorry, I did not find this earlier :-(
Is THIS the correct way to do it:

https://forum.iredmail.org/post68215.html#p68215

?

Emma2 wrote:

Sorry, I did not find this earlier :-(
Is THIS the correct way to do it:

https://forum.iredmail.org/post68215.html#p68215

?

I'm not sure this is the right solution. Have any updates?