Topic: postfix won't send mail generated by php mail function

Hi,
I've successfully installed iRedMail in Ubuntu Server 8.04, everything is working imap, smtp, roundcube and everything else. But If I try to send an email with the php function nothing is written in the mail.log or mail.err and the e-mail is written in the postfix/maildrop folder and nothing else happen.

If anyone have some suggestion please help me.
Thank you

Black

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: postfix won't send mail generated by php mail function

Mails generated on localhost (127.0.0.1) will be picked up directly by postfix 'pickup' process, won't go through smtp auth, amavisd and others.

Did you receive the mails?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Mails generated on localhost (127.0.0.1) will be picked up directly by postfix 'pickup' process, won't go through smtp auth, amavisd and others.

Did you receive the mails?

No... after some many failed attemp I decided to reinstall everything...
now it seems to work except roundcube or postfixadmin that can't create the maildir structure!

ok, I've solved but the problem was with dovecot configuration.

with the new installation dovecot keeps the original ubuntu config, luckily I had a backup from the rc2 setup and now works.

thanks

Could you please share more detail configurations?

I really appreciate open source work.  Thank you very much to everybody who made this possible.

I post here because I have some similar issue. Dovecot does not manage to create Maildir structure under /var/vmail.

Which is the solution for this?

any help appreciated.

tentas wrote:

Dovecot does not manage to create Maildir structure under /var/vmail.

Please post your question in a new topic, don't ask in other's topic.