Topic: IredAdmin-Pro and Sogo? Mail lists/groups?

Will IRedAdmin-Pro (LDAP) Mail Lists integrate with Sogo groups?

Debian Squeeze
IRedMail 0.7.4 LDAP
Sogo 2.0

I've been working on an install of Debian, IredMail, and Sogo. I've been working through a couple of issues, still have a few to overcome (shared mail folders currently), but I think that this combination is going to be our groupware solution. However I've not been able to make any progress on integrating groups. Will the Admin-Pro mail list integrate as Sogo groups...mail groups? Calendar attendees? Calendar, Address Book, Shared Mail Folders ACL's?

Thanks!
Mark

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: IredAdmin-Pro and Sogo? Mail lists/groups?

We didn't integrate iRedAdmin-Pro with SOGo groupware, so i'm afraid that it cannot work as expected.

Would you mind sharing more details about SOGo groupware mailing list?

Sorry, I was not very clear. I’m struggling with getting LDAP groups working with Sogo and Iredmail.

Sogo LDAP group (from Sogo install guide):

dn: cn=inverse,ou=groups,dc=inverse,dc=ca
objectClass: groupOfUniqueNames
objectClass: top
objectClass: extensibleObject
uniqueMember: uid=alice,ou=users,dc=inverse,dc=ca
uniqueMember: uid=bernard,ou=users,dc=inverse,dc=ca
uniqueMember: uid=bob,ou=users,dc=inverse,dc=ca
cn: inverse
structuralObjectClass: groupOfUniqueNames
mail: inverse@inverse.ca

When I manually create a similar group, it does not work as expected. When attempting to send mail to a group, the group is listed in the address book, but I cannot send the mail (all recipients are invalid).

Users created in Iredmail work seamlessly with Sogo users. I had hoped that a mail lists created in Iredmail would work with Sogo groups at least for mail (there are a lot of other aspects to Sogo groups, but are not as important to me).

Purchased IRedAdmin-Pro, and mail lists created with IRedAdmin-Pro work with messaging!
It does not work when assigning group ACl's (for me at least). That is, when sharing an address book or calendar. But, that was only a secondary concern for me.

Thanks!

rooster wrote:

uniqueMember: uid=alice,ou=users,dc=inverse,dc=ca
uniqueMember: uid=bernard,ou=users,dc=inverse,dc=ca
uniqueMember: uid=bob,ou=users,dc=inverse,dc=ca

iRedMail doesn't use attribute "uniqueMember" to mark a mail list member. Here's a group object:

dn: mail=demolist@demo.iredmail.org,ou=Groups,domainName=demo.iredmail.org,o=domains,dc=iredmail,dc=org
accessPolicy: domain
accountStatus: active
cn: demolist
enabledService: mail
enabledService: deliver
enabledService: displayedInGlobalAddressBook
mail: demolist@demo.iredmail.org
objectClass: mailList

As you can see, it doesn't contains member info (email, cn, ldap dn, etc). To assign a mail user to this group, we have to add 'memberOfGroup=demolist@demo.iredmail.org' in user object. That's mail list in iRedMail (OpenLDAP).

Not sure whether SOGo can perform query with custom LDAP filter and returned attribute to get mail list members. If so, SOGo mail list should work with iRedMail.

Addition reference:

- How to add mail list account with phpLDAPadmin
  http://iredmail.org/wiki/index.php?titl … pLDAPadmin