Topic: Incoming SMTP on a separate server

Dear forum,
as far as I could see I am not only one excited about this beatufil software smile
I have decided to migrate our mail system built on vMail.Admin on iRedMail.
So far we have incoming SMTP on a separate server which scans emails for a spam, viruses and so on.
I would like to ask you, if is it possible to install iRedMail on two servers where incoming SMTP will just do greylisting, scan email for viruses, spams and valid email will forward to a server with mailboxes? Could you please give me a hint? Does anyone here have similar configuration?

Thanks a lot in advance and I am sorry if this topic has been already discussed (i really searched for it smile

Jan

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Incoming SMTP on a separate server

Hello,

Nice question, it would be a great feature, for enterprise-sized installs !
It's certainly a matter of configuration, nothing difficult, but I follow this thread smile

It's easy to achieve this with below steps:

- Setup two iRedMail servers
- Disable features you don't want on server #1
- Disable features you don't want to server #2
- Adjust config files to enable LDAP/SQL queries on another server. For example, store mail accounts on server #2, and update config files on server #2 to query mail accounts on server #1.

That's all.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

It's easy to achieve this with below steps:

- Setup two iRedMail servers
- Disable features you don't want on server #1
- Disable features you don't want to server #2
- Adjust config files to enable LDAP/SQL queries on another server. For example, store mail accounts on server #2, and update config files on server #2 to query mail accounts on server #1.

That's all.

Can you explain more the step about config files?

Usually, updating config files is:

- Updating LDAP/SQL server address
- Open network port in firewall to allow access from another server

That's all. smile

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Usually, updating config files is:

- Updating LDAP/SQL server address
- Open network port in firewall to allow access from another server

That's all. smile

I can't imagine that scenario.

For example if I want separate the incoming smtp server in 1 server, and next (mysql, and other configuration modules) in other servers?