1 (edited by chd 2013-01-25 20:52:39)

Topic: fetchmail and procmail for iRedMail 0.8.3 how to

Hi. I want to use iRedMail for an office mail server. But i want download mail from one mailaddress ISP and selectabe for users but how i can get this? I read befor topic but i dont understan. Sorry my wrong englis.
I find this: http://www.iredmail.org/forum/topic480- … tting.html

If i use LDAP only change ldap setting but how?

I need a step-by-step tutorial for use fetchmail procmail or other solution in iredmail virtualuser.

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.3
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):  LDAP
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:  UBUNTU SERVER 12.04
====

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

2 (edited by hata_ph 2013-01-26 10:43:03)

Re: fetchmail and procmail for iRedMail 0.8.3 how to

fetchmail alone can fetch external mail to your local email client...

Install fetchmail, create /etc/fetchmailrc with below content

poll mail.fatimah.com.my proto pop3 user "external@xxx.com" with pass "xxxxx" is "internal@xxx.com" here ssl

PS: read more on fetchmail man pages to know about the option

use cron to schedule auto download the mail

*/5 * * * * /usr/bin/fetchmail -f /etc/fetchmailrc &> /dev/null

http://www.howtoforge.com/debian_etch_fetchmail

PS: try secure your /etc/fetchmailrc as it contain your email password

Configure fetchmail via webmin also a good idea too...

4 (edited by chd 2013-01-26 20:24:03)

Hi! Thanks i try this:

/etc/default/fetchmail (START_DAEMON=yes)
and
/etc/fetchmailrc

set syslog;
set daemon 120;
set postmaster "admin";

poll pop.gmail.com 
protocol pop3 
username "username@gmail.com" there with password "yourpassword" is admin here 
keep ssl 
mda "/usr/bin/procmail -d %T"

I think this config move te mails to procmail but i dont understan how cann i configure procmail to work with virtual user for iredmail... sad How cann i made?

I use iRedMail 0.8.3 with LDAP and i dont understand the tutorial.
I wannt change valu in mysql but i dont find it('transport' column in vmail.mailbox table. set to 'procmail' ). I think wen i use LDAP i cann only in LDAP change but what cann i change?

"Set transport of this user in your MYSQL/LDAP backend.
In MySQL backend, change value of 'transport' column in vmail.mailbox table. set to 'procmail' (this is what we defined in postfix master.cf).
In OpenLDAP backend, change value of 'mtaTransport' attribute of this user."

i connect in phpldapadmin i find the mdatransport word in two table but i dont what cann i doo. ????

why you want to use procmail? iRedMail default use dovecot as MDA...does dovecot not working for you?

Hi! I dont know how cann i setup. I wanna recive mails from isp only one mailaddress and with subject or is werfrom selectabe and forward to iredmail virtual users. I think example i recive mail from *@address1.com with subject offie then i wanna forvarding all office subject mail to user1 and user2 and wanna too forwarde all maild from*@address1.com to user3 ect. I dont know how cann i made in iredmail. I think the easyest way is fetchmail and procmail. But i hera every other solution. Thet is my proble. Thet's how cann is made?

Hi why make mailfolder for virtualuser iredmail is ect./vmail/u/s/e/r/1/user1 ???? how can i full reconfigur for normal mos ect./vmail/user1?

try this....
1. create a dummy account in your iRedMail server and use fetchmail to download all your external mail to that dummy email account
2. use sieve to filter/forward the mails as you like...you can do that in roundcubemail, Settings -> Filters

http://wiki.dovecot.org/LDA/Sieve/Dovecot