Topic: Installation Feature Suggestion

Hi,

First, I want to thank you SO much for creating iRedMail. Mail servers are such a nightmare, and you really do succeed in making them easy for the non-professional boot-strap-from-home webmaster to be able to do this professionally. Thank you!

I wanted to make a quick suggestion that would have saved me a couple hours of hairpulling just now.

I am using a 512MB barebones Ubuntu VPS.

With this low RAM allotment, clamav would not start. It took me quite a while to figure this out.

All it took to fix this was to add a swap file.

So, my suggestion is simple: check the system memory, and if the memory is insufficient for ClamAV, include the creation of a swap file in the install script.

Should be a pretty quick and painless fix (because I believe the process is the same across distros) and make iRedMail even easier to get running.

Thank you so much!

Sasha Shepherd

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Installation Feature Suggestion

*) Already mention at least 1GB memory is required for production use in iRedMail installation guides. Maybe need addition link to wiki tutorial of how to disable CLAMAV/SpamAssassin besides it?

*) How about show a WARNING message that at least 1GB memory is required for production use? and terminate the installation. Or, show a link of wiki tutorial about how to disable ClamAV/SpamAssassin?

== UPDATE ==

Already mention the tutorial of how to disable spam/virus scanning if you don't have 1GB+ memory in installation guide. For example: http://www.iredmail.org/install_iredmai … quirements