Topic: Mysql is returning unrecognized command after successfull install

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.4
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian Wheezy
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: N/A
====

Hello, the problem I'm having is when my install finished I saw that a system reboot was needed. Once I rebooted the system when I started the apache server I tried to start mysql using 'service mysql start' like I always have used and I get mysql: unrecognized command'

I'm not sure why this is happening cause I'm pretty sure it's installed.

Also, it's really not that big of a deal if I can't get this server to work. I would just need to know how to change the database that it uses.

Best Regards, JJ Edgar

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Mysql is returning unrecognized command after successfull install

JJEdgar wrote:

I tried to start mysql using 'service mysql start' like I always have used and I get mysql: unrecognized command'

Does file /etc/init.d/mysql exist on your server?

Re: Mysql is returning unrecognized command after successfull install

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
JJEdgar wrote:

I tried to start mysql using 'service mysql start' like I always have used and I get mysql: unrecognized command'

Does file /etc/init.d/mysql exist on your server?

I just went back and looked at that... It does not. For some odd reason MySQL decided not to install. I'll just run the installer again(on a fresh system) and see if it will get it this time. I have a pretty good idea of what might have caused this.