Topic: Limit in Bcc recipients?

Greetings,

I'm having issues sending informational email to my clients using iRedMail.

The way that I'm used to do this is:

Sending Account: myaccount@mydomain.com
Recipient: myaccount@mydomain.com
Bcc: Here goes my clients email addresses, at this time are over 300 addresses, maybe 400.
Subject and Message Body: Informational.

The problem is that there seems to be a limit of recipients for Bcc. I tested this way of sending with 20+ recipients and the message got sent ok. I tried sending this from RoundCube and after 2-3 minutes I haven't got any warning message but it's still processing; Thunderbird stalls at Delivering Mail.

I have used this method for years, but since I switched to DigitalOcean and installed iRedMail, I got this issue.

Is this a configuration issue? Where should I look, what should I change? Is there another way to this? I haven't tried yet sending this using the postmaster account (action that I would like to avoid if possible).

Thanks in advance,

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.5 (non-Pro)
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu Server 12.04 LTS
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Limit in Bcc recipients?

UPDATE: After leaving Roundcube for about 10 minutes doing the job, the messages got sent. That will work for me, but it's quite slow considering that I used to do this once a week from Thunderbird and I haven't got this issue.

If somebody has an idea... If not, I will stick to RoundCube for this task.

Re: Limit in Bcc recipients?

Hi choliz,

Does removing 'reject_unknown_recipient_domain' in Postfix parameter 'smtpd_recipient_restrictions' solve your issue?