1 (edited by rk 2013-07-23 20:49:48)

Topic: Use e-mail address of maillist as outgoing address

======== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.5
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:  FreeBSD 9.1
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: iRedAdmin 2.0
====

Is it possible to modify postfix configuration to allow use e-mail address of maillist as outgoing address?

Currently it triggers error "Sender address rejected: not owned by user".

I can resolve this by removing reject_sender_login_mismatch / reject_authenticated_sender_login_mismatch from postfix configuration, but this is more workaround than a solution. Perfect solution will be if internal members/administrators of the list can use the list address as their From: address.

Use case for this model is for example company with list info@example.org and members user1@example.org, user2@example.org. Both users will receive mail sent to info@example.org, but currently can not send mail from this address (except the workaround above, but that cancels the check for other domains/users as well), which in this company may be the desired workflow.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Use e-mail address of maillist as outgoing address

Hi rk,

As far as i know, we cannot use Postfix existing config to achieve your request. But maybe you can modify our iRedAPD plugin to achieve it:
https://bitbucket.org/zhb/iredapd/src/d … at=default

I would rather do this on postfix side if that's possible.

Hi rk,

I'm sorry that i have a typo error in my previous reply, here's fixed one:

As far as i know, we cannot use Postfix existing config to achieve your request.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Hi rk,

I'm sorry that i have a typo error in my previous reply, here's fixed one:

As far as i know, we cannot use Postfix existing config to achieve your request.

ah, ok :-)

I'll look into the iRedAPD plugin, thanks.