Topic: The emails are received in PLAIN TEXT format

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version:
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL):
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
======== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.3
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP >>> Active Directory
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CentOS 5.8
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: none
====

When some users send emails to my email server (idedmail), this arrive in text plain format (missing tables, images, styles etc). Maybe the emails are encoded with some format that my IREDMAIL server cannot decrypt the email and only show the text (without nothing more). Is very dificult for user reading the Emails without format.

The major number of senders that send emails to Iredmail users are using Microsoft Outlook 2003-2007, and I have troubles with almost 60% of emails.

PD. In the options of each account of my Iredmail-Users, the options:

Displaying Messages>>Display HTML (OK)
Displaying Messages>>Default Character Set (UTF8-Unicode)
Displaying Messages>>Display remote inline images (Allways)
Displaying Messages>>Display attached images below the message (OK)

Any Ideas?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: The emails are received in PLAIN TEXT format

Mail client (e.g. Outlook, Thunderbird, Roundcube webmail, etc) renders mail messages, not server. Which mail client do you use?

Zhang,

The people that send emails to my iredmail server are using "Microsoft Oultook". I can't recommend to senders that change some parameters in your Outlook, in this case, I need to apply something in my iredmail server for the emails.

Users in Iredmail: aprox 200
Clients sending emails to Iredmail users: 1.000 (90% using Outtlok)

regards.
Sergio O.

Which client do you use to read the emails? Roundcube? If so you have to enable HTML in the preferences -> displaying messages menu and in the composing menu

If you use another client (outlook, thunderbird, etc) enable HTML in that client.

Yes, my users used Roundcube and the options are ok.

Displaying Messages>>Display HTML (OK)
Displaying Messages>>Default Character Set (UTF8-Unicode)
Displaying Messages>>Display remote inline images (Allways)
Displaying Messages>>Display attached images below the message (OK)

The people that use Outlook client have the same problem (html is enabled)

Regards,

I have no idea at all, because no components re-formats received emails on iRedMail server by default, and mail clients like Outlook, Thunderbird, Roundcube webmail render email messages, and your Roundcube settings look just fine.

*) Do all emails you received have this issue? Or just emails sent by certain senders?
*) Is it possible for you to export some emails in RAW source (with mail headers and body) to help troubleshoot? Of course no sensitive info in them.

Hi Zhang,

I also have this problem. It is not occur to all emails, just some emails. Do any guys find solution for this. Please help me

Dear thuyennguyen.dds,

First of all, please always create a new topic for your own question/issue, do not hijack other's thread, especially a (more than) 2-year old one.

I'm afraid that i don't quite understand your issue. Mail format may be caused by mail client application, does it look right in different mail client application? like Outlook, Thunderbird, etc.