Topic: Backup MX simple way.

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.5 - pro 2.0
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Centos 6.4
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====
Hi,

I want to set up a backup mx for 2 domains to do mailbagging (collect mail) when primary server is down and send all mail to primary when it is back (the true meaning of backup MX so just only keep the mail for the domain until mailserver is back no mailboxes or anything).
Am i correct to assume that on the backup mx server i enter both domains and then select the backup mx flag ? Can anyone tell em what to enter if anything in relay and other settings or i dont touch anything further ? anything i need to do on primary ? (i do not with to replicate ldaps or anything complicated just simple backup mx)

thank you all for any help.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Backup MX simple way.

You can simply add those backup mx domains with iRedAdmin, then mark them as backup mx domain.

*) If you have iRedAdmin-Pro (our web based admin panel), you can mark domain as backup mx in domain profile page.
*) If you don't have iRedAdmin-Pro, please update domain object with phpLDAPadmin, set 'domainBackupMX=yes'.