Topic: Download previous iRedadmin version?

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.4/pro 1.6.0(mysql)
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): mysql
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Centos 6.4
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: n/a
====

We're doing some upgrades to our iRedMail servers and would like to only jump from
0.8.4 -> 0.8.5
1.6.0 -> 1.7.0

The main goal here is to to attain the ability to delete the mailbox directory from the file system when a user is removed from the webUI.

What we do not want, is to upgrade all the way to 0.8.6 and iRedadmin 1.8.1pro.
We received the link, username and password for iRed-Pro 1.8.1, but again, we'd like to stay with an older version.

Would it be possible to attain, previous versions of iRed-Pro?

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Download previous iRedadmin version?

Why stay with an older version? It will become harder and harder for you to maintain it.
We encourage all iRedAdmin-Pro customers to upgrade to the latest stable release.

Mostly because cluebringer, will be a nightmare to repopulate from the original policyd.

We have ~30000 accounts and host over 4000 domains.
The upgrade also destroys many customizations to the iredadmin panel and roundcube, which results in many man hours of development scripting to reset everything after an upgrade, having to deal with migrating policyd v1 to v2 isn't ideal, especially since nothing is broken.

In fact I wouldn't be upgrading if it weren't for the addition of the storing of deleted mailboxes.
With 4000 domains and 30000 accounts, it works fine.

I guess the reason would be, I'm trying to not mess with something that's not broke, because at the end of the day, I'm the only one in the company that knows how to fix it. I'm still testing the newest ired w/cluebringer, so far I'm not a fan of how complicated it is to just create per user throttle(not using iredadmin panel, but /cluebringer page), but again, it's still in testing.

amora wrote:

Mostly because cluebringer, will be a nightmare to repopulate from the original policyd.

The latest iRedAdmin-Pro supports both Policyd and Cluebringer, so you can stay with Policyd. No need to upgrade to Cluebringer at all.

amora wrote:

The upgrade also destroys many customizations to the iredadmin panel

Would you mind sharing what customizations you did for iRedAdmin-Pro? Maybe we can make it easier in next release.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

The latest iRedAdmin-Pro supports both Policyd and Cluebringer, so you can stay with Policyd. No need to upgrade to Cluebringer at all.

I assumed that support for policyd v1 was dropped/replaced with policyd v2 cluebringer.
If that's the case, I'll just upgrade all the way up:

iRedmail: 0.8.4 -> 0.8.5 -> 0.8.6

Assuming I update the iredmail base to  0.8.6,
Can I do a direct upgrade from mysql_pro 1.6 directly to,mysql_pro 1.8?
I just want to verify before i start Dev'ing this out.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Would you mind sharing what customizations you did for iRedAdmin-Pro? Maybe we can make it easier in next release.

I should clarify because I haven't yet seen/tested what upgrading from 1.6 ireadadmin to 1.8.1 ireadadmin  will change because I assumed it wouldn't work(because of clue-bringer). I'll be testing this today.

What I do know that gets broken is upgrading Roundcube. Upgrading round-cube strips out customizations. I apologize for the confusion I'll test the upgrade path today and see what breaks

Roundcube:
# Rebadge with company logo:
/var/www/roundcubemail-0.8.6/skins/larry/images/roundcube_logo.png
/var/www/roundcubemail-0.8.6/config/main.inc.php
/var/www/roundcubemail-0.8.6/skins/larry/includes/header.html
/var/www/roundcubemail-0.8.6/skins/larry/watermark.html

PS I know you guys have no control of how roundcube does their upgrades; so no worries on that front.

I probably should have done more reading before I asked my question

I cloned a production VM and Upgraded:
iRedmail 0.8.4 -> 0.8.5 -> 0.8.6
iRedADP 1.4.0 -> 1.4.1 -> 1.4.2
iRedAdmin-Pro-MySQL 1.6.0 -> 1.8.1(strips custom rebranding...which is understandable)
roundcubemail 0.8.6 -> 0.9.4 (strips custom rebranding...which is understandable)

In any case, thank you for the help. I no longer require an older iRedadmin version, for the moment. Still more stability/bug checking to do, but at first glance, looks good.