Topic: Using virtual ssl domain in outlook config instead of default

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.6
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 12.04
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

- I have a domain mydefaultdomain.com on iredmail and ssl virtual host default is configured to ssl of mydefaultdomain.com
- I set up a virtual domain called mydomain.com to iredmail
- I point mail.mydomain.com to IP address of server having iredmail
- I set up ssl certificate so that mail.mydomain.com lands on ssl version of roundcube of iredmail
- Now if i try to set up outlook with server address mail.mydomain.com it gives me ssl certificate warning. But if i try to set up with server address mail.mydefaultdomain.com it recognizes it and works well.

I think to put the question simply, how should i configure ssls on my server in a way where there is no default ssl and outgoing and incoming mail server mentioned in outlook is pointed to that particular ssl installed on server so it doesn't give any ssl warning.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Using virtual ssl domain in outlook config instead of default

Is your SSL certificate identified by domain name 'mail.mydefaultdomain.com'?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Is your SSL certificate identified by domain name 'mail.mydefaultdomain.com'?

correct !

all virtual domains despite having their own ssl, cant have mail.virtualdomain.com in outgoing or incoming mail server because server reply back with ssl of defaultdomain which mis match and it asks for confirmation if i trust the certificate.

all i want is use mail.differentvirtualdomain.com, for different virtual domains on my server

Any update on this please ?