1 (edited by labasus 2014-02-22 21:16:09)

Topic: Whitelist & "viruses"

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.4
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version:  Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS
====

One of trusted senders which was added to the Whitelist (by iRedAdmin-Pro) with full email address (and even domain) need to send us some special encrypted PDF files.
These files are detected by amavis like Virus -  Blocked INFECTED (Heuristics.Encrypted.PDF).
I know I can allow amavis to skip checking PDF encrypted files at all, but it is not nessesary, cause I need to skip checking just for some persons and it will be great to do it from GUI.

Why amavis does not trust to the Whitelists email addresses?
If it is not imposible to impliment with Whitelists, how can I do exclusions for some emails or domains?

Thx.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Whitelist & "viruses"

Whitelists managed in iRedAdmin-Pro is data for Policyd/Cluebringer, unfortunately, Amavisd+SpamAssassin doesn't read its data. And emails sent from whitelisted sender/domain will still be rejected into content filter (Amavisd in our case) for content-based spam/virus scanning.

To bypass file extension (PDF) check for certain user, you have to:

1: Create a rule for special file extension. For example:

%banned_rules = (
  'ALLOW_PDF' =>  new_RE(
      [qr'.\.pdf$'i => 0],  # pass .pdf file
      ),
  'DEFAULT' => $banned_filename_re,
);

2. Add value 'amavisBannedRuleNames=ALLOW_PDF' for certain user with phpLDAPadmin.

And for all exclution will be just to add

%banned_rules = (
  'ALLOW_PDF' =>  new_RE(
      [qr'.\.pdf$'i => 0],  # pass .pdf file
);

without LDAP correction?

Excuse me, i don't understand what you mean.

I showed you the exact setting example in previous post, and iRedMail configures Amavisd to use LDAP connection by default.