Topic: Upgrade iRedMail Server

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.6.1
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian 5.0.8
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

I am planning to migrate my mail server to a new machine. I need to know if I need to update my LDAP schema before migration or after I migrate create my LDAP backup file.

I want to upgrade from iRedMail 0.6.1 to latest version. Can some one please give some advice.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

2 (edited by LordZ 2014-04-02 22:26:13)

Re: Upgrade iRedMail Server

Dear all after reading all tutorials I have figured out the following steps for migration:

1. Install new iRedMail server.
2. Create LDAP backup on old server.Create backup of  Roundcube webmail database, Policyd database, Amavisd database from old server.
3. Delete all data in "directory   /var/lib/ldap/iredmail.org" from new server.
4. Restore LDAP from old server.
5. Use python scripts from https://bitbucket.org/zhb/iredmail/src/ … ra/update/ to update LDAP schema as follows ( from 0.6.1 to 0.7.0 then from 0.7.2 to 0.7.3 and so on )
6. Synchronize mailboxes directories from old server to new one.
7. Import Roundcube webmail database, Policyd database, Amavisd database from old server.

Am I correct or I am missing something.

Thanks in advance.

Correct.

LordZ wrote:

Please store OpenLDAP service before you delete data.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Correct.

LordZ wrote:

Please store OpenLDAP service before you delete data.

Sure. I did not forget to stop LDAP service.

5 (edited by LordZ 2014-04-04 15:23:35)

The server migration was successful. I can receive and send mail. But when I try to access Cluebringer I get authentication error same with awstats. Where are the users for this configured?

LordZ wrote:

The server migration was successful. I can receive and send mail. But when I try to access Cluebringer I get authentication error same with awstats. Where are the users for this configured?

Found it out.

The error was that the LDAP URL was

ldap://127.0.0.1:389/o=domains

but it should be

ldap://127.0.0.1:389/o=domainAdmins

Thank's a lot for this good product.

Please allow me to explain with some more details:

*) In the latest iRedMail, the admin account created during iRedMail installation is a mail user (under domainName=xxx.com,o=domains,dc=xx,dc=xx), not a separated admin account (under o=domainAdmins,dc=xx,dc=xx).

*) Cluebringer/Awstats doesn't support authenticating against two LDAP containers, but iRedAdmin-Pro is ok.

I had no issues with iRedAdmin only with Cluebringer and awstats. I am fully happy with iRedMail. Thanks a lot.