Topic: how to stop creating of subfolder vmail01

when creating domains normally it path set to /home/vmail/vmail01.i need to know how to make domains in only the /home/vmail instead of above path.i appreciate if some one can help me out.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: how to stop creating of subfolder vmail01

How do you create new domain/user? Which backend do you use?

Teddy, are you sure that's a good ideea? If you need more storage space, you can buy a second array of hdds and mount that as /var/vmail/vmail02, the third as /var/vmail/vmail03 and so on...

maxie_ro wrote:

Teddy, are you sure that's a good ideea? If you need more storage space, you can buy a second array of hdds and mount that as /var/vmail/vmail02, the third as /var/vmail/vmail03 and so on...

This is why i use /var/vmail/vmailXX in iRedMail. smile

ZhangHuangbin wrote:
maxie_ro wrote:

This is why i use /var/vmail/vmailXX in iRedMail. smile

maxie_ro

i appreciate your prompt reply and i know its not good idea to make it arrange like that but i need to know how to do that if you can give some instruction how to do that i really appreciate.i am use postfix admin for the admin control and mysql for back end.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

How do you create new domain/user? Which backend do you use?

thanks for the prompt reply and i am use mysql for the back end even i use postfix admin to create the new domains and
this is my postfix main.cf out put for the particular line:

virtual_mailbox_base = /home/vmail

It's also set in:

• /etc/dovecot-ldap.conf or /etc/dovecot/dovecot-ldap.conf

• /etc/dovecot-mysql.conf or /etc/dovecot/dovecot-mysql.conf

• In MySQL vmail.mailbox table, column 'storagebasedirectory'.

You should check all of them.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

It's also set in:

• /etc/dovecot-ldap.conf or /etc/dovecot/dovecot-ldap.conf

• /etc/dovecot-mysql.conf or /etc/dovecot/dovecot-mysql.conf

• In MySQL vmail.mailbox table, column 'storagebasedirectory'.

You should check all of them.

ZhangHuangbin

thanks  for the reply and could you please explained how the sub directory creation mechanism is working and relating configuration files.

• LDA (Local Deliver Agent) program will create maildir if necessary, and iRedMail uses 'deliver' - provided by Dovecot - as LDA.

• Deliver read dovecot config (dovecot-mysql/ldap.conf) to get user Maildir path, normally, maildir path is stored in MySQL or OpenLDAP. Open dovecot config file and you will understand.