Topic: Sent copy to 2 other email adresses?

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.6
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: CENTOS 6.5
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: na
====

I am playing with iRedmail in VM now and want to know how this can be done with iRedmail.
At the moment I use my own email server with aliasses in the virtual file with Postfix. My son has his own user account
and but in the virtual file I configured when mail is sent to his address, my wife and I get a copy of the mail.

How can I do this with iRedmail? I could log in to his account and create a rule, but I guess he will remove it ;-)

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Sent copy to 2 other email adresses?

Do you want to track his email?

You can achieve it with below steps:

1: Login to phpLDAPadmin (https://[your_server]/phpldapadmin ) as LDAP root dn (cn=Manager,dc=xx,dc=xx)
2: Find the LDAP object of your son's email account in left panel of phpLDAPadmin, click the ldap object, phpLDAPadmin will show detailed LDAP attributes/values in right panel.
3: Add a new LDAP attribute 'mailForwardingAddress' to this mail account, its value should be your email address.
4: Repeat step #3, add your wife's email address as value of 'mailForwardingAddress'.
5: Send email for testing.

Great, will test that this evening.

4 (edited by JeeGee 2014-04-30 03:23:18)

Tried what you described, but with these settings, my son doesn't get the original email anymore, and my wife and I do get a copy of the mail. So almost there, but what could be wrong?

Edit: When I add the email addres of my son as third mailforwardaddress we all 3 get the email. Is this the way it should be done?

JeeGee wrote:

Edit: When I add the email addres of my son as third mailforwardaddress we all 3 get the email. Is this the way it should be done?

Yes. Sorry about my mistake.