Topic: Roundcube DB access errors

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.6 > 0.8.7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): PGSQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Centos 6.5, Linux 3.14.4-x86_64-linode40 on x86_64
- Related log if you're reporting an issue: maillog
====

I don't notice any issues when using Roundcube, but today I noticed these syslog entries (maillog):

mail roundcube: DB Error: [7] ERROR:  permission denied for relation cache_shared (SQL Query: DELETE FROM cache_shared WHERE expires < now()) in /var/www/roundcubemail-0.9.5/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_db.php on line 465 (POST /mail/?_task=mail&_framed=1&_action=headers?_task=&_action=)

May 17 11:10:43 mail roundcube: DB Error: [7] ERROR:  permission denied for relation cache_shared (SQL Query: DELETE FROM cache_shared WHERE expires < now()) in /var/www/roundcubemail-0.9.5/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_db.php on line 465 (GET /mail/?_task=mail&_action=getunread&_remote=1&_unlock=0&_=1400339444923)

These are sporadically dispersed throughout the log. What is the cause and can (or does it need to be) corrected? I presume the roundcube db user can't perform the action necessary on the cache_shared table in the roundcubemail db.

Please note that although in the log file the folder name end '0.9.5', I am in fact running v1.0.0. I just used the same folder and never renamed it when i updated it.

Let me know if you need the full maillog file. Thanks.

- Fabian S.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Roundcube DB access errors

I also noted that the appearance of these errors seems to coincide with my update to RCmail v1.0.0. I updated from the version installed alongside iRedmail v0.8.6 by default on my centos box.

I am now fully updated to the latest iredadmin pro and iredmail v0.8.7 and postgresql v9.1. i will monitor my logs to see if these errors go away.

one other thing; when i looked around in phppgadmin, i couldn't see that any of the system component db users (roundcube, amavisd, etc...) had any rights granted to them for their respective DB's. i went ahead and granted them. we'll see what that does. can you offer any insight into this? Thanks.

- Fabian S.

Nope, problem still occurs:

May 17 21:24:58 mail roundcube: DB Error: [7] ERROR:  permission denied for relation cache_shared (SQL Query: DELETE FROM cache_shared WHERE expires < now()) in /var/www/roundcubemail-0.9.5/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_db.php on line 465 (GET /mail/?_task=mail&_mbox=INBOX&_folderlist=1&_quota=1&_list=1&_uids=165%2C167%2C169%2C186%2C207%2C211&_last=1400376240&_action=refresh&_remote=1&_unlock=loading1400376300724&_=1400374740334)
Last

Seems spread out by hours at a time and related to some sort of cache in the database RC is having trouble clearing after it expires. Any thoughts?

- Fabian S.

i think i got it to work. i had to set grant all permissions to rc db user to the rc db. i couldn't grant all before i upgraded to v9.1.

nevermind, i take that back. it's still occurring.

Try this:

pgsql> \c roundcubemail;
pgsql> GRANT CREATE,SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE ON cache,cache_index,cache_messages,cache_thread,contactgroupmembers,contactgroups,contacts,dictionary,identities,searches,session,users TO roundcube;
pgsql> GRANT CREATE,SELECT,UPDATE,USAGE ON contacts_seq,contactgroups_seq,identities_seq,searches_seq,users_seq TO roundcube;

Sorry, both statements produce the following error:

ERROR:  invalid privilege type CREATE for relation

My mistake. Please remove 'CREATE,' and try again.

they seemed to have worked. they reported back GRANT

i'll watch the logs over tomorrow and will report back what I see. thanks.

i haven't seen the error re-occur again so this may be resolved. but i also haven't used RC as lot so maybe this weekend i'll exercise it. thanks for your help.

Please create a new forum topic if it re-occurs.