Topic: Move user email data to new iRedMail instance

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.6
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Deb7
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi, using LDAP backend. I have a current iRedMail system. I would like to create the SAME identical user on a NEW iRedMail system and transfer all mail data over. How can this be done?

Thanks!

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Move user email data to new iRedMail instance

Setup a slave LDAP server and sync mailboxes to new server (with 'rsync' or other tools).

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

Setup a slave LDAP server and sync mailboxes to new server (with 'rsync' or other tools).

This works if new server already has ldap data?

Also fyi - i am talking of emails themselves. Not email accounts. How can I do it? thanks smile

You have to make sure the maildir path stored in LDAP is the same as the one stored on file system.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

You have to make sure the maildir path stored in LDAP is the same as the one stored on file system.

So take maildir for user on source server and copy to maildir on target?

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

I copied /Maildir/* from source to target in OLD HOST /var/vmail/vmail1 folder to NEW HOST /var/vmail/vmail1 folder but I still cannot see mails.

What have I done wrong : (

What's the maildir path you set in LDAP? You have to make sure the maildir path stored in LDAP is the same as the one stored on file system.