Topic: Setup inbox for other domains

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Ubuntu 14.04
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

Hi,

Were using iRedMail for email marketing, sending out emails on our business, so far I've setup 5 instance of iRedMail with different IP's. Were using a separate domain for the From To: & Reply To:, then we are linking that account in Gmail. But we are getting warnings of "4.2.1_The_user_you_are_trying_to_contact_is_receiv ing_mail_at_a_rate_that/450-4.2.1_prevents_additional_messages_from_being_delivered.". This is because we got a lot of bounces, is it possible to setup a separate instance of iRedMail and use it for inboxing?.

Thank you.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: Setup inbox for other domains

Sorry, what do you mean "setup a separate instance of iRedMail and use it for inboxing"? Also, what's "linking that account in Gmail"? Forwarding?

Hello Sir,

Our problem:

We are experiencing a rate limitation on gmail because we are using it for our inbox, incoming mails. So we are sending out thousands of email but our bounce rate is quite high so we are being limited by Google.

We are thinking if maybe we have a vps with iRedMail installed and make it us our own incoming mail server. We are using a email outside of our domain, e.g. domain.com = domain with iRedmail setup, user@domain1.com, is what email we use.

We want to host our own email address and when an email is sent to user@domain1.com, it will go to our inbox in domain.com.

Did you understand that sir? Or I complicate more the case?

Not sure whether or not i clearly understood your situation.

If you specify Return-Path:/From: to mail address of your primary domain, destination server will deliver bounce message to your primary domain. Maybe it's better for you to host another mail domain or sub-domain (e.g. list.domain.com) on iRedMail server, and send marketing emails with this mail domain, not your primary mail domain (hosted on Google server).

The from address is a different domain.

SMTP Server: domain.com

Reply to: user1@otherdomain.com

The problem with this is, we are linking the user1@otherdomain.com with gmail, but we are getting a lot of bounces (expected) so we are thinking that we'll just host it on one of our domains so that we will not have limitations.

My problem is: how to host an email using our domain? because when i send to user@domain.com, it's not going there, since it's like it doesn't exist.

What do you mean "link user1@otherdomain.com with Gmail"? You forward all emails sent to "user1@otherdomain.com" to your Gmail account?

Does domain name 'otherdomain.com' has proper MX DNS records? Destination mail server will send bounce message to the server listed in MX record first, if no MX record, send to server listed in A record.

oursmtpdomain.com --> SMTP Server
smtp@oursmtpdomain.com --> SMTP User account
angelina@thirdpartydomain.com --> Address we use in From / Reply To: (To send out email)

I disabled the "reject_sender_login_mismatch" in our iRedMail settings to enable other domains to send via our SMTP Server. This angelina@thirdpartydomain.com is linked in Gmail, so our bounces is going to this email. Gmail has limitations on how many emails we are receiving. To overcome that, I came up with a proposal that, what if we host our own email and don't rely to Google for incoming messages.

Now I know iRedMail support this because I could send messages to other users within the domain, that is "oursmtpdomain.com". But I cannot receive email from other domains like Google, Yahoo or others.

That is my problem, I'm stuck with that. I hope you get my point this time smile