Topic: CatchAll subdomains delivery to IMAP folder

Hello,

I have installed iRedMail with success - although, with more than one hickup to solve, in a jail on FreeBSD 10.0 with an own environment (problems with the MySQL grants, which I was able to solve - as well as some changes to the installer needed to integrate iRedMail in a poudriere/pkgng environment).

I'm evaluating iRedMail for productive use on a few servers, and so far, I like it, and as an experienced admin I am evaluating the deatils of your implementation.

For some domains I would need a functionality to work: The ability to deliver mail coming from dedicated catchall-domains into an IMAP folder of an existing account of another domain: E.G. <anymail>@subd1.domain.tld should go to user@domain.tld -> folder "subd1".Is this scenario possible, and if yes, what would need to be patched to achieve it? Would the Pro admin interface be easilly patched for this? If this is possible, I'm a new customer! smile

Greetings,

Lorenzo

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: 0.8.7
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: FreeBSD 10.0
- Related log if you're reporting an issue:
====

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: CatchAll subdomains delivery to IMAP folder

lopez-iredmail wrote:

E.G. <anymail>@subd1.domain.tld should go to user@domain.tld -> folder "subd1".Is this scenario possible

You can add catch-all account "user+subd1@domain.tld" for domain @subd1.domain.ltd. This is implemented in iRedMail by default, what you need to do is just adding this catch-all account for domain. Reference:
http://www.iredmail.org/wiki/index.php? … /Catch-all

NOTE: What you need to do is just add catch-all account with phpLDAPadmin, please ignore other steps mentioned in above link.

Of course you can easily manage catch-all account for domain with iRedAdmin-Pro (in domain profile page, under tab "Catch-all"), screenshot attached:

http://www.iredmail.org/images/iredadmin/domain_profile_catchall.png

Hello,

First of all, Thanks a lot for this quick reply - which makes a great impression!
But my question was a little more specific: I would like the "catched" mails to be forwarded not only to an account (which seems to work in your example - although: also with MySQL, or only with LDAP?), but also to a specific maildir. For example, all emails going to anyaddress@bulk.example.com should go to the sub-maildir "bulk" within the account "lorenzo@example.com". In your screenshot example, it would be great to be able to indicate the folder (maildir), e.g. with a catchall-address like lorenzo@example.com/bulk. In our present installation, where this is a custom feature, many users love it, because it allows them to have bulk mail sent to a specific folder, without having it in their inbox or having to add another account in their mailers.

I hope this is somehow possible (for me, it would also be enough to point me to the right config / python files to implement it, if it is possible at all in the iRedMail setup).

Again, Thank You a lot for the quick feedback. If I will go for iRedMail (+ Pro of course), I will be happy to share also my patches / experience to integrate iRedMail better in a FreeBSD jailed environment with centralized package management (which is for sure not the most common situation, but many admins are starting to use pkgng + poudriere).

Greetings and Best Regards,

lopez-iredmail wrote:

I would like the "catched" mails to be forwarded not only to an account (which seems to work in your example - although: also with MySQL, or only with LDAP?),

Catch-all mentioned in my previous reply is what you want, it's available in all supported backends (OpenLDAP, MySQL, OpenLDAP, MariaDB).

lopez-iredmail wrote:

but also to a specific maildir

Address "user+subd1@domain.tld" is actually "user@domain.tld", '+' is default recipient delimiter in Postfix, Dovecot is used as local mail deliver agent, and it will deliver email to folder 'subd1' in this user's mailbox.

Supercool, Thanx! smile [SOLVED] smile