Topic: LDAP or Mysql

==== Required information ====
- iRedMail version: The latest version available
- Store mail accounts in which backend (LDAP/MySQL/PGSQL): LDAP and MySQL
- Linux/BSD distribution name and version: Debian / Wheezy
====

Hello,

I am going to install iRedmail in my VPS. I am in a confusion, whether to use LDAP or MySQL as backend. I am familiar with using Mysql. Also it is easy to create web applications using Mysql.

The question is: Will I be able to sync or access the Address Book in an Android Phone, if I use Mysql as backend ? Or are Address Books always stored in the Email Client ?

( I will be forced to use the IMAP protocol, if I access emails in the Android Phone and in my laptop together. )

Please suggest.

----

Spider Email Archiver: On-Premises, lightweight email archiving software developed by iRedMail team. Supports Amazon S3 compatible storage and custom branding.

Re: LDAP or Mysql

Zhang,

Could you please respond ?

Thanks.

*) We recommend you to use the one backend you're familiar with.
*) Currently, global address book is available with OpenLDAP backend.

4 (edited by aniyan.rajan6 2014-06-28 16:50:56)

I don't have plans to have a global address book. But I am talking about the Personal Address Book, An address book per email id. Is it possible to have it using mysql backend, so that I can access that address book in the Android Phones and in my laptop computer ?

aniyan.rajan6 wrote:

Is it possible to have it using mysql backend, so that I can access that address book in the Android Phones and in my laptop computer ?

Sorry, iRedMail doesn't support this personal address book.
It's available in webmail, but cannot be accessed on mobile phones.

ZhangHuangbin wrote:

personal address book.

I understand that "personal address book" is not possible even if I use LDAP backend.

aniyan.rajan6 wrote:

I understand that "personal address book" is not possible even if I use LDAP backend.

Yes.